Open Positions: Payroll Specialist
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Payroll Specialist will assist the Senior Payroll and Equity Specialist with all tasks involved with payroll functions. This role will assist with all company payroll operations to successfully complete semimonthly payroll under strict deadlines and requirements. Additionally, this role will aid in compiling data for reporting of payroll, work hours and projects. This role requires an extremely detail oriented person who is comfortable with multitasking in a demanding environment with specific deadlines and the ability to adapt with the changing needs of the organization and department.
This position reports to the Senior Payroll and Equity Specialist located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT and can also be performed in a hybrid or remote working environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures proper processing of Salary-Exempt, Salary Non-Exempt, and Hourly employees’ payroll for withholding of local, state, and federal taxes, company benefits, and other deductions.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Partners with payroll vendor to provide full support of bimonthly payroll processing while meeting all process timelines, data input requirements and controls.
- Maintains accurate payroll records and ensure adherence to payroll policies and procedures.
- Collects and validates payroll inputs, bonus payments, additional pay items, and deductions.
- Performs data entry and updates into time keeping system, and stock plan platform, as needed.
- Takes on additional ad hoc assignments, as needed.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping and/or at least six months of experience in payroll preferred, or combination of equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll and other software.
- Strict adherence to ensuring confidentiality of all organization information.
- Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer