Open Positions: Network Engineer
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to take lead on technical projects and ensure the enterprise infrastructure is stable, available, scalable, and designed to best practice.
This position reports to the Manager, IT Infrastructure and Operations and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. Most activities can be conducted remotely but onsite once a week is preferred.
- Own and Operate day to day activities within the Network Infrastructure
- Work with Third Party vendors to upgrade Edge Switches
- Design and help implement network segregation best practices with a Zero Trust methodology
- Manage and Monitor Network Connections from ISP’s and Microsoft ExpressRoute
- Start architecting new network space for a new building
- Oversee the WIFI network health and optimize traffic
- Work with the IT Security team to route traffic for best performance and security
- 6+ years’ experience in IT, with the desired candidate having experience in life sciences
- Experience in IT Infrastructure and Cloud capabilities/applications from concept to delivery within life sciences
- Experience providing IT application support and maintenance
- Knowledge of the following is Required:
- Strong practical experience with layer 2 network security technologies, such as port-security, DHCP snooping, 802.1X, NAC, ARP inspection,
- Solid foundation in Layer 2 switching and forwarding.
- Solid grasp of Layer 3 routing protocols, such as OSPF, BGP.
- Demonstrable understanding of network application, such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Multicast, SNMP, Netflow and etc.
- Strong in solving different OSI layer issues and performance analysis by using sniffer tools
- Experience in Cloud services (AWS and Azure), modern datacenter architecture, and Software Defined Network (SDN)
- Understanding of virtual hypervisors, server hardware technologies, SAN and NAS
- Very strong business analysis skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Management Systems or related IT discipline desired
- One or more of the following are required:
- CCNA, CCENT, CCNP
- One or more of the following are desired:
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Administrator
- Zscaler Certified Cloud Administrator Internet Access / Private Access
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer