Open Positions: Medical Science Liaison/Sr Medical Science Liaison (Director, Field Medical Affairs)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific and clinical expert. The MSL will be responsible for developing credible peer-to-peer relationships with scientific experts and other healthcare providers, engaging in scientific exchange of data and other medical and/or scientific information, and supporting Arvinas’ research initiatives.
This position reports to the National Director, Field Medical Affairs, and is located at our Headquarters in New Haven, CT or may be performed remotely from a location in the US.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain credible peer-to-peer scientific relationships with national, regional, and local opinion leaders in addition to other health care providers
- Develop strategic engagement plans in support of the overall medical affairs plan
- Deliver scientifically accurate, balanced, and unbiased medical and scientific presentations to stakeholders, healthcare providers, and patient groups
- Attend scientific conferences to collect and report relevant scientific and clinical data
- Assist with Arvinas-sponsored clinical trials and drug development activities
- Compliantly facilitate the submission and review of investigator-sponsored research proposals
- Serve as a resource of clinical and scientific information for internal cross-functional partners
- Capture, analyze, and share insights from various external engagement activities (e.g., scientific expert, investigator, HCP, and payer interactions)
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information
- Provide input into medical strategy for pipeline compounds
- Ensure and maintain compliance with all company policies, laws, industry, and regulatory requirements
- 3+ years of related experience in MSL role in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry highly preferred
- 10+ years relevant clinical or pharmaceutical/biotech experience
- Oncology therapeutic experience required
- Drug launch experience preferred
- Strong scientific knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate scientific data to various audiences
- Able to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to develop external relationships with scientific experts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comply with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution which is part of the MSL territory, including, among other things, routine background checks, medical testing (i.e., Tuberculosis test) or proof of immunizations, training on facility policies, and adherence to confidentiality and/or HIPPA agreements
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 60% of time), including the ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends
- MD, PhD, PharmD, or equivalent in a relevant scientific or healthcare discipline preferred
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer