Open Positions: Manager, Project Management
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
The Manager, Project Management will provide critical support in driving Enterprise Project Management initiative across Development, Discovery, IT and Facilities. The incumbent will create and maintain project timelines, support the month-end close process, and track identified actions and deliverables. The Manager will be the point-person for maintaining Sharepoint content related to questions for Arvinas’ Drug Discovery and Development Programs.
Utilizing project management guidelines and techniques, this individual will plan and effectively execute and communicate projects, identify critical activities to accomplish and formulate action plans against committed milestones, determine resource requirements, monitor project performance and make necessary adjustments to ensure projects stay on track. The Manager, Project Management must be agile and adapt his/her thinking or approach as the situation changes in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Project Management and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or remote.
- Partners with Project Managers and cross-functional teams in maintaining timelines
- Serves as a key contributor to month-end close process
- Contributes to creating and managing guidance documents in collaboration with relevant departments
- Serves as SharePoint support liaison for Project Leaders
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Identifies processes and/or tools to support Project Managers
- Contributes actively to additional assigned initiatives
- Proactively anticipates issues, challenges assumptions, and identifies contingencies or opportunities to circumvent potential delays in project plans
- Assists in guiding teams through creation, management approval, execution, and termination/closeout of integrated project plans appropriate to the phase of development and complexity of the project. This includes integration of strategic and tactical input from diverse disciplines (e.g., biology, chemistry, pharmacology, clinical, regulatory, access, supply, and other areas), as applicable to the project
- Translates complex resource data and analytics into consumable information for stakeholders by creating storylines in the context of the business
- Prepares regular reports that summarize project status and issues. Creates documents and presentation material for senior management and governance committees
- Maintains accurate project data in enterprise databases
- Prepares for, facilitates, and documents outcomes of team meetings, ensuring meetings have clear purpose and objectives and that conflict is surfaced and resolved
- Conducts data analysis and resource management to generate visual outputs utilizing project management and data analytics software
- Develops a detailed integrated project plan that defines the key activities, milestones, roles and responsibilities across the partnered functions to enable successful project execution
- Maintains, tracks and reports on the status of individual projects and resource utilization
- Revises project plan including timeline, requirements, and vendor utilization as appropriate to meet changing needs
- 7+ years’ experience in an area of pharmaceutical research, development, or commercialization, with some direct experience related to expected Schedule Management competencies
- Drug development knowledge with basic understanding of other functions relevant to the development process which may include research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory
- Integrates project knowledge, experience, and expertise to proactively raise key questions related to changes
- Experience with scheduling methodologies as well as technological literacy with computer applications necessary to create, manage and analyze project timelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; proven effective collaboration with cross functional team members
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to rapidly master computer applications and technical material
- Proficiency with Project Management related and Microsoft Office Software Programs
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior computer/information technology literacy is required. Specifically, superior skills in (1) the creation, management and analysis of project timelines using Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or comparable scheduling software tools, and (2) Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy or higher
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.