Open Positions: Manager, IT Operations
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking an Manager, IT Operations to optimize day to day activity efficiency with tools and technology but also has a focus on customer support and service. The IT Operations Manager partners closely with business functions to help design, build, and support solutions that the entire company can use to operate more effectively and efficiently. This role has a primary focus on corporate IT duties such as help desk and third-party vendor management, and general customer service. In addition, the position will work with peers and IT leadership to manage and report on success metrics and help decide new technologies to onboard such as datacenter infrastructure, cloud services or third-party solutions. The position is a good balance of ensuring customer success while at the same time being technical and keeping up with industry trends and standards.
This position reports to the Director of IT – Infrastructure, Operations and Security, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities supporting standard Information Technology infrastructures. This includes scoping and implementing new systems, maintaining existing systems, and making retirement/replacement recommendations.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions and business processes and how they are enabled by IT.
- Partners with business and IT teams to identify and resolve system problems and identify potential system and process improvements.
- Leads business analysis, requirements gathering, and process mapping efforts in support of new capability delivery. Develops system requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
- Evaluates vendors and solutions to address business requirements. Participates in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and the development of statements of work.
- Provides operational support for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects.
- Key contributor in developing the IT roadmap.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Very strong business analysis skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the following is highly desirable: Entire Microsoft Office365 Stack including Active Directory/DNS/DHCP, Microsoft Azure, AWS, CrowdStrike, CyberArk, Zscaler, VMWare, Switch Management, and general networking
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53 standards desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Management Systems or related IT discipline required
- 8+ years’ experience in IT, with the desired candidate having experience in life sciences
- Experience in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery within life sciences
- Experience providing IT application support and maintenance
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.