Open Positions: Laboratory Assistant, Formulations
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
In the role as a laboratory assistant, you will prepare pharmaceutical formulations used in in-vivo animal pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies, and will work closely with compound management and in-life colleagues to make sure that dosing materials are available as needed. When issues related to formulation arise, you will serve as a primary problem-solving Formulation R&D contact for those in other disciplines. You will be responsible for ordering necessary excipients so that the in-vivo studies start on time and be comfortable dealing with last-minute scheduling changes.
This position reports to a Research Scientist in our Technical Operations group and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- On a regular basis, prepare dosing formulations for use in pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies in preclinical in-vivo models
- Coordinate scheduling with in-life group personnel to assure timely delivery of formulations when they are needed
- Order formulation components and assure their on-time arrival
- Prepare related buffers and solutions
- Anticipate likley changes in dosing schedules and the resultant consequences for the timing of formulation preparation
- Troubleshoot formulation production and performance issues
- When needed, perform dosing solution stability tests
- When necessary, identify and employ appropriate formulations for in-vivo animal studies
- Recognize/anticipate formulation-related problems, their impact on in-life activites, and independently respond to resolve them before they impact projects
- Provide additional laboratory support and maintenance as needed.
- BS in a physical science, preferably with previous experience in the field of pharmaceutical research and development
- Hands-on experience working in a laboratory with analytical instrumentation, HPLC skill is a plus
- Knowledge and/or practiced asceptic technique
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities and deliver on tight timelines
- Enjoy working with others in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, paying careful attention to details
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- An interest in learning about formulation development and its role in the discovery environment
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.