Open Positions: Laboratory Assistant, Formulation R&D
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
In the role as a laboratory assistant, you will prepare pharmaceutical formulations used in animal pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies, and will work closely with compound management and in-life colleagues to make sure that dosing materials are available as needed. When issues related to formulation arise, you will serve as a primary problem-solving Formulation R&D contact for those in other disciplines. You will be responsible for ordering necessary excipients so that the animal studies will start on time and be comfortable dealing with last-minute scheduling changes. This position reports to the Associate Director, CMC and is located at Arvinas headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- On a regular basis, prepare dosing formulations for use in pharmacology and pharmacokinetic studies in preclinical animal models
- Coordinate scheduling with in-life group personnel to assure timely delivery of formulations when they are needed
- Order formulation components and assure their on-time arrival
- Prepare related buffers and solutions
- Anticipate likley changes in dosing schedules and the resultant consequences for the timing of formulation preparation
- Troubleshoot formulation production and performance issues
- When needed, perform dosing solution stability tests
- When necessary, identify and employ appropriate formulations for animal studies
- Recognize/anticipate formulation-related problems, their impact on in-life activites, and independently respond to resolve them before they impact projects
- Hands-on experience working in a laboratory with analytical instrumentation, HPLC skill is a plus
- Knowledge and/or practiced asceptic technique
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities and deliver on tight timelines
- Enjoy working with others in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, paying careful attention to details
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- An interest in learning about formulation development and its role in the discovery environment
- BS in a physical science required, preferably with previous experience in the field of pharmaceutical research and development
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.