Open Positions: Lab Automation Specialist, Functional Area Support Team (FAST)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation.
This key position in our functional area support team (FAST) within the Platform Biology Group will work closely with research scientists to optimize assays and transfer them to automated platforms, liquid handlers, plate readers, incubators and other laboratory instrumentation. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with assay scientists, research leadership, information technology and external vendors to design and implement new automation platforms and workflows. In addition, the candidate will develop and perform quality control measures on automated platforms and instrumentation and manage vendor preventative maintenance and repairs in FAST as well as other biology groups within the organization.
This position will report to the FAST Group Leader and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with research scientists to program equipment and instrumentation including liquid handlers, plate readers and automated platforms to maximize the performance and efficiency of assays in the FAST Assay Group.
- Collaborate with outside vendors and internal engineering and IT to ensure proper installation and robust performance of robotic platforms, liquid handlers, plate readers and imagers.
- Collaborate with assay scientists, research leadership, information technology and external vendors to design and implement new automation platforms and workflows.
- Develop and perform quality control protocols (QC) and preventative maintenance (PM) for lab instrumentation. Manage the servicing of that equipment, including the organization and analysis of quotes, service reports and purchase orders.
- Recommend improvements to achieve higher efficiency for assay transfer to automated systems, data analysis and data uploads. This includes but is not limited to contributing to higher use of automation and the planning for, building specifications, and evaluation of a robotic systems and other technologies to streamline the above processes.
- Knowledge of multiple assay platforms for measuring target engagement, ubiquitylation, and application of this to the ubiquitin-proteasome system and targeted protein degradation is a plus. These include medium to high-throughput readouts for TR-FRET, AlphaLisa, Fluorescence Polarization, High Content Imaging, and Bioluminescent (nanoBRET) / Fluorescence cell-based assays.
- Solid understanding of cell-based and biochemical assay types and expertise in data analysis principles for lead-optimization and lead-discovery. Experienced in automation control and scheduling software systems used to integrate equipment from different vendors.
- Proficiency in statistical and data analysis software such as R, Python, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, KNIME.
- Good multi-tasking, organizational, record keeping, and communication skills, and the ability to work efficiently in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, collaborative, high performance environment
- BS or MS with 5+ years of pharma- or biotech experience in laboratory automation of biochemical and cell-based assay formats.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer