Open Positions: IT Support Services Manager
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking an IT Support Services Manager to optimize day to day activity efficiency with tools and technology. The IT Support Services Manager partners closely with business functions to help design, build, and support solutions that the entire company can use to operate more effectively and efficiently. This role has a primary focus on corporate IT duties such as help desk and third-party vendor management.
This position reports to the Director of IT – Infrastructure, Operations and Security, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. Hybrid work arrangements are available, but on-site work 2 - 3 days is preferred.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents, and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, and monthly cadence. Drive ticket deep dive investigations and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make the Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
- Prepare and issue application- and productivity-related educational and awareness communications to the company
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Effectively manage, develop, and train the service desk team.
- Ensure that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conduct assessments and share results from service and operation performance reviews.
- Coordinate and manage all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers, and other teams that are involved in service desk operations.
- Manage the costs of running the service desks.
- Key contributor in developing the IT roadmap.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions and business processes and how they are enabled by IT.
- Very strong business analysis skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the following is highly desired: Entire Microsoft Office365 Stack including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Office Licensing.
- Familiarity with ITIL 4 Framework
- Precise knowledge of Asset Management including physical assets and software licenses
- Understanding of Budget, Procurement Processes
- Demonstrated success in building a cohesive team, managing people effectively, including the ability to coach and develop the team.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the service desk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry standards and best practices for service management.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the service desk.
- An ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Management Systems or related IT discipline desired OR
- Proven experience in a support services role and must possess analytical, management, problem-solving, communication and leadership skills
- If BA or BS degree is not available, PMP, ITIL, or ITSM certifications are highly desired
- 10+ years’ experience in IT, with the desired candidate having experience in life sciences
- Experience in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery within life sciences
- Experience providing IT application support and maintenance
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer