Open Positions: IT Capability Manager, Research Systems
The R&D Systems group is the strategic business partner for the Research organization, defining scientific IT requirements and providing leading-edge technology solutions.
Arvinas is seeking an IT Capability Manager, Research Systems to define, implement, and manage IT capabilities supporting drug discovery research. The IT Capability Manager partners closely with business functions to help specify, design, build, and support solutions that enable Research to operate more effectively and efficiently. This role has a primary focus on our Computational Chemistry and Computational Biology functions and the specialized IT systems that support them and will be responsible for building the IT team supporting these functions.
This position reports to the Director, IT R&D Systems. This position is based out of our headquarters in New Haven, CT and may be performed remotely from a location within the U.S.
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the business needs of our growing Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry functions and how IT can enable them.
- Develop the technology roadmap to support the business needs. Define and build the IT team (staff and vendors) required to deliver on the roadmap.
- Translate business requirements for data acquisition, visualization, and analysis, (including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)) into technical requirements.
- Define the technical requirements and data architecture for data intake, storage, management, and archival of large research data sets from internal and external groups.
- Support integration with core scientific IT systems (e.g., inventory management, registration, ELN).
- Partner with internal IT and IT vendors on the specification, selection, and implementation of solutions to meet requirements. Lead or participate in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and the development of statements of work.
- Partner with the IT Infrastructure & Operations team on growing our cloud-based compute and data storage capabilities. Ensure all solutions are aligned with cybersecurity policies and practices.
- Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities. This includes scoping and implementing new systems, maintaining existing systems, and making retirement/replacement recommendations.
- Provide operational support as required for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
- Prepare system lifecycle documentation, end-user training and documentation, FAQ’s, and other documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Very strong business analysis skills, grounded in an understanding of science and the business function.
- Ability to balance strategic and operational work.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing; Experience with cluster technologies and Azure preferred
- Knowledge of the systems and data architecture to support computationally intensive work including AI and ML.
- Research computational and visualization systems (e.g., Schrodinger products, Relion, Chimera, Rosetta, Spotfire)
- Data pipelining tools such as Pipeline Pilot or Knime
- Linux proficiency
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related discipline, or in Computer Science/IT with appropriate life sciences experience.
- Master’s in IT or science discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in life sciences IT
- Hands-on computational chemistry and/or computational biology experience
- Experience in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery through lifecycle management within life sciences.
- Vendor selection and vendor management
- Application and systems support
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.