Open Positions: IT Capability Manager, Research Systems
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
The R&D Systems group is the strategic business partner for the Research organization, defining scientific IT requirements and providing leading-edge technology solutions.
Arvinas is seeking an IT Capability Manager, Research Systems to define, implement, and manage IT capabilities supporting drug discovery research. The IT Capability Manager partners closely with business functions to help specify, design, build, and support solutions that enable Research to operate more effectively and efficiently. This role has a primary focus on our Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology, and DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) organizations and the specialized IT systems that support them.
This position reports to the Director, IT R&D Systems, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. Full-time remote work is an option.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
General Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the business needs of our growing Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, and DEL groups and how IT can enable them.
- Further integrate the DEL and computational workflow with core scientific IT systems (e.g., inventory management, registration, ELN).
- Learn and translate business requirements for data analysis, including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), into technical requirements.
- Define the technical requirements and data architecture for data intake, storage, management, and archival of large research data sets from internal and external groups.
- Partner with internal IT and IT vendors on the specification, selection, and implementation of solutions to meet requirements. Lead or participate in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and the development of statements of work.
- Partner with the IT Infrastructure & Operations team on growing our cloud-based compute and data storage capabilities. Manage the onsite Linux workstation computing needs of the computational groups. Ensure all solutions are aligned with cybersecurity policies and practices.
- Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities. This includes scoping and implementing new systems, maintaining existing systems, and making retirement/replacement recommendations.
- Provide operational support for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
- Prepare system lifecycle documentation, end-user training and documentation, FAQ’s, and other documentation as required.
- · Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Very strong business analysis skills, grounded in an understanding of science and the business function.
- Cloud computing and cluster technologies; Azure preferred
- Big data architecture and management
- AI/ML computing and data architecture
- Research computational systems, including Schrodinger products, Relion, Chimera, Rosetta, and Spotfire
- Data pipelining tools such as Pipeline Pilot or Knime
- Linux proficiency, Ubuntu preferred
- Excellent task management and prioritization skills
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related discipline.
- Master’s in IT or science discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in life sciences IT
- Hands-on computational chemistry and/or computational biology experience
- Experience in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery through lifecycle management within life sciences.
- Vendor selection and vendor management
- Application and systems support
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.