Open Positions: Executive Director, Platform Operations
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Join the rapidly growing team at Arvinas, the leader in developing therapeutic PROTAC-mediated protein degradation.
The position of Executive Director, Platform Operations reports to the Senior Vice President of Neuroscience and Platform Biology and will set the strategy for the execution of systematic processes to optimize platform modality approaches across therapeutic areas. The position will entail data mining, opportunity assessments, engaging key opinion leaders, optimization of processes from biologic reagents/tool molecule assessments, biologic proof-of concept through to early clinical planning. In addition, the position will be responsible for ensuring there is a strategy to bridge the needs of the research laboratories and the facilities requirements. The Executive Director of Platform Operations must understand the science, support day to day business operations to meet the needs of platform evolution and growth. This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- In alignment with the scientific needs and in partnership with Platform team, oversee a portfolio of platform projects from ideation through independence, including developing and tracking projects, resourcing plans and budgets.
- Manages a continuous improvement framework which prioritizes and implements changes across the platform that optimize speed and quality of operations in a cost-effective manner.
- For individual platform projects, ensures that issues which block progress are raised and handled in a timely manner to maintain project momentum.
- Accountable for space planning and fit out for Platform facilities that meet the needs of the science and enable Arvinas technology platforms and processes.
- Assist SVP of Platform with build out of science and technologic evolution of platform as well as cultivate relationships with collaborators, key opinion leaders, and key stakeholders.
- Partner with and serve as an interface between functional areas and scientific organizations to ensure timely decision-making on Platform research efforts to execute on portfolio deliverables.
15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
Experience in ideation and execution of enterprise-wide initiatives that impact global research operations.
Experience in partnerships with scientists, information systems, project management, facilities management, engineering, and capital improvement projects that expedite research and pipeline deliverables.
Capability of creating research innovative solutions and choosing the right solution for specific goals.
Experience in communicating/presenting complex information to varied scientific and leadership audiences.
Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, paying attention to detail.
Ability to forge cross-functional working relationships with internal and external project partners.
Ability to work as a team-player in a fast-paced, highly motivated work environment.
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
Strong negotiation and organizational skills
Minimum of Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Structural Biology or a related field
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer