Open Positions: Executive Director, Enterprise Project Management and Governance
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
The Head of ePM and Governance Office is the single team/function charged with overseeing the full project portfolio across Arvinas, for the full project management lifecycle, from project business case through funding, approval, launch, and project oversight, to post-implementation reviews for cost effectiveness and benefit realization, internal and external reporting. Projects will arise from both within R&D, corporate and all other non-R&D functions.
This exciting role will be accountable for advising, providing thought leadership and implementing best practices across diverse functions at Arvinas.
This position will report to the SVP, Strategic Operations and the role will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Demand management oversight, pipeline and capacity planning
- Upkeep, identification and implementation of current and new PPM tools
- Portfolio Optimization and Risk Balancing
- Oversight of R&D and Corporate Governance Process and Portfolio Planning
- Ensuring tracking and communication of governance outcomes and asset progression
- Reporting on Initiatives and enabling prioritization based on value, risk and overall alignment with corporate strategy
- Identify, assist and support G&A and corporate initiatives that enable progression of the R&D portfolio
- Implementation of consistent and predictable product and service delivery practices
- Continuously Improving oversight processes
- Leveraging the work of leading departments to promote improvements
- Developing consistent metrics and report on KPIs, as appropriate
- Ensuring Arvinas teams deliver on time and deliver value for the investment
- Financial year planning and short- and long-term forecasting
- Planning operational impacts
- Maintaining agility to free up budget to fund other initiatives
- Advanced interpersonal skills to engage strategically with peers and senior executive and to build a solid network for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated skill in adapting communication style to the style of others and developing rapport with stakeholders at all levels; ability to manage through ambiguity and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong analytical acumen and a high strategic solution orientation. Capability in influencing and guiding discussions as a key stakeholder and promoter of critical capability and process improvements. Skill in conducting effective questioning in order to break down complex issues and opportunities into core elements.
- Critical thinking skills to understand current Governance and process gaps, recommend and implement solutions that will properly provide or modify a service as well as minimize risk.
- Advanced consultative skills to develop consistency and standards to govern project execution and reporting, formulate new standards and best practices to advance cooperative engagement by all levels of the organization including senior and executive management.
- Proactively maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Portfolio Management best practices.
- Experience in Business Case and Long-Term Value planning and management.
- Experience implementing PPM tools, Advanced knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools.
- Experience in forming Program/Project charters, stakeholder management practices, planning program increments, sprints, demos, delivery monitoring and reporting.
- BS/ MS with at least 10+ years in a biotech/ pharmaceutical corporate environment working with multiple Portfolio Management disciplines to deliver transformational changes in line with customer and stakeholder needs
- Prior leadership experience in relevant (R&D) business line/ function very desirable.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.