Open Positions: Executive Assistant
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for the administrative and executive functions necessary to support the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President, Corporate Development in all aspects of their duties. Your main objective is to enhance their effectiveness by providing high-level dedicated administrative support with discretion and confidentiality. This individual must possess a flexible personality, be energetic and a self-starter, and very comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Work closely and effectively with Leadership Team Members to keep each well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks at once both routine and project related, including phone calls, e-mails, expense reports, presentations, and meeting planning responsibilities
- Ability to provide advanced level calendar management, including complex and detailed domestic and international travel arrangements (flights, lodging, transportation, etc.)
- Manage the coordination of important meetings with key executives throughout the organization including the collect and organize of meeting materials in a concise and professional manner
- Coordination of agreements, purchase order creation/tracking and invoicing for external consultants and vendors
- Experience working within the clinical area; understanding the processes and interactions that may be involved; such as dealing with external physicians and clinical organizations with confidentiality and a high level of discretion
- Assist with the planning and management of company events (monthly breakfasts, meetings, annual outings, etc.)
- Experience managing a high volume of recruitment and scheduling of candidates, site visits and group meetings.
- 5+ years related experience supporting C-Suite level executive(s)
- Experience working in an executive support team setting
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple demands with efficiency.
- Must have advanced PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to learn quickly and multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.