Open Positions: DMPK Scientist
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We have an exciting opening for an experienced DMPK scientist with expertise in the area of drug-drug interaction science. The incumbent will contribute as a DMPK expert on project teams from drug discovery through all stages of drug development, with a focus on all aspects of PK-based drug-drug interactions via drug metabolism enzyme, drug transporter, or other mechanisms.
This position reports to Executive Director, Preclinical Sciences and may be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or can be performed remotely from a location within the United States.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a DMPK expert and advise various discovery teams on strategies for early ADMET profiling up to the selection of lead candidate into development.
- Define strategy for in vitro DDI and other in vitro/in vivo DMPK assessment for individual preclinical drug candidates and ensure timely availability of key data as part of the IND enabling activities.
- Recommend stage-appropriate clinical DDI strategy to the clinical pharmacology function.
- Contribute to outsource strategy and selection of CROs to ensure timely and high quality conduct of in vitro and in vivo ADMET studies. Partner with key CROs to develop and customize ADMET assays to support PROTAC drug discovery and development.
- Contribute to the preparation of DMPK component of regulatory documents such as IND, IB, etc.
- Stay up to date with the scientific advance and regulatory landscape for drug-drug interactions in drug discovery and development
- Expertise on drug-drug interaction science and the current and emerging regulatory landscape
- Expertise with available in vitro tools for investigation of drug-drug interaction potential. mediated by drug metabolism enzyme, drug transporter, or other mechanism.
- General knowledge of drug discovery and development process.
- Ability to integrate DMPK knowledge of individual drugs and prepare DMPK components of regulatory documents.
- In-depth knowledge on one or several other aspects of DMPK science in drug discovery and/or development, such as biotransformation, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetics, toxicokinetics, PK/PD modeling, PBPK modeling, would be a definite plus.
- Hands-on experience with PK or modeling software such as Phoenix, GastroPlus, is highly desirable.
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, or related scientific discipline with 10-12 years of relevant experience in DMPK in the biopharmaceutical industry or CROs supporting pharmaceutical development, preferably with a focus on small molecules
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer