Open Positions: Director, Talent Acquisition
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
As a critical member of the HR Leadership Team, the Director, Talent Acquisition will collaborate closely with the business leaders and members of the HR team to create a differentiated People Strategy that enables the scale-up and expansion of our growing organization. The Director, Talent Acquisition will lead the human capital planning process to deliver on our branding, sourcing and talent acquisition needs in strong partnership with functional leaders and HR business colleagues.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Develop and drive a scalable talent acquisition strategy for Arvinas that supports end-to-end recruitment of front-line, high volume roles through senior leadership positions.
- Oversee the candidate experience for the enterprise, including the development and management of the talent acquisition strategies, tactics, budget, headcount plan and reporting of key metrics
- Lead recruitment pipelining to build organizational capabilities and strengthen our skills at all levels and actively contribute to the success of our onboarding process and year-one retention
- Lead the evolution of Arvinas’ Employment Brand and contribute to the social media strategy. This includes partnering with corporate communications to maintain up-to-date content for our career website as well as content that employees can use to elevate and amplify the Arvinas brand in their own social media presence
- Anticipate future trends by continuously analyzing and addressing market conditions and cutting-edge recruitment practices
- Manage relationships with 3rd party partners including search firms, advertising, job boards and social media vendors
- Monitor solutions, policies, vendors, candidate and employee feedback to drive continuous improvement. Ensure that structure and process adhere to recruitment process and government guideline
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with HR Business partners and senior business leaders to lead, and manage the recruitment process to meet short-term and long-term talent planning and gap strategies.
- Manage to established talent acquisition success criteria, through reports and metrics that demonstrate ROI including quantitative and qualitative success measures.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically, analytically and objectively. Effectively able to manage with data by translating data into actionable insights, strategies and action plans.
- Be viewed as an expert and key partner to functional business and HR leaders on emerging staffing trends and workforce analytics. Gather stakeholder feedback to continuously drive quality and effectiveness improvements.
- Manage searches in partnership with retained and contingent agency partners as needed.
- 10+ years of talent acquisition and/or talent management experience with 5+ years in a biotech or pharma preferred
- Ability to develop strategy, set priorities, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience using social media and talent acquisition methodologies to source, hire, and demonstrate ROI using data and analytics. Knowledge of HRIS systems and able to leverage system capabilities
- Proven ability to establish trust and credibility with senior business executives and experience supporting Executive-level recruitment
- Ability to lead and manage vendor partnerships, strong negotiation skills and ability to close offers through diplomacy, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with and maintain company confidential and proprietary information
- Knowledge of federal, state recruitment standards and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (HRIS Systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent or higher in Business, Human Resources or a related field required
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.