Open Positions: Director, Project Management, R&D (Multiple)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
The Director Project Manager, R&D will provide critical support in driving research and development programs. The incumbent will partner with Development Team and Research Leadership in providing strategic support in creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional program plans, including development and assessment of scenarios and options, decision criteria, and internal and external Cross-functional communication and stakeholder management strategies. Director Project Management, R&D must be agile and adapt his/her thinking or approach as the situation changes in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This position reports to Executive Director, Enterprise Project Management and is planned to be a remote role from within the US or based in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with Development Team Leadership and team, in creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional program plans, including development and assessment of scenarios and options, decision criteria, and internal and external Cross-functional communication and stakeholder management strategies.
- Partners with Discovery teams and their leadership to support Clinical transition planning, engaging with key Development stakeholders to support downstream planning and engagement.
- Challenges team think about and anticipate risks, proactively manage risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Manages sub-team meetings as appropriate and accurately incorporates functional area objectives into overall development plan.
- Drives adherence to Arvinas Drug Development and governance processes, including delivery of timely and quality project team and/or sub team deliverables.
- Ensures alignment of asset integrated development plan and corporate strategic and operational plans.
- Drives decision making and asset team deliverables cross functionally and is a key contributor to strategic planning process
- Adheres to Project Management Standards and Deliverables
- Develops and maintains integrated program budget and forecasts in collaboration with Asset Team leaders, Cross-functional team members and Finance
- Develop and maintain high performing teams
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects.
- Seeks participation in corporate initiatives outside the scope of the assets
- Ability to conduct process analysis and develop and implement plans
- Ensure effective communication with external stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Willing to identify, develop and/or implement forward thinking research and development initiatives, processes, or tools to support company growth and transformation
- Thought leader with the ability to provide creative solutions, with the support of the PM team, and pragmatic delivery of project
- Drug development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: research, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, clinical, manufacturing, and regulatory
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; effective interaction with cross functional team members
- Experienced in managing multiple initiatives while working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in managing multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally
- Proficiency with Project Management related and Microsoft Office Software Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Pharmacy or higher.
- 15+ years in the pharmaceutical industry in roles associated with drug development
- 8+ years supporting cross-functional early and late-stage drug development teams in core function
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.