Open Positions: Director, IT Finance Systems
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking a Director, Finance Systems to manage and scale our Finance systems infrastructure and roadmap. This individual will work closely with Arvinas’ Finance team to gain a deep understanding of the financial planning and analysis, accounting, purchasing, and financial reporting functions. This role will define short and long-term plans of business area needs (including related priorities and budgets), development of business processes and as well as support selection, implementation, and administration of related Finance solutions. This person will also advise the Finance team regarding industry best practices, systems, and solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The individual must have a proven ability to lead significant projects, deliver high-quality Finance systems, and work with the teams to design a roadmap of the Finance systems for the next 3-5 years.
This position reports to the Vice President of Information Technology & Corporate Projects and is based out of our New Haven, CT headquarters. A hybrid work arrangement is available with 1-3 days onsite as needed for project/planning work.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Build and lead the divisional IT Finance Systems vertical, providing guidance, management, and direction for a future team of capability managers and system administrators (staffed as necessary from system count and complexity).
- Develop and implement policies, controls, and processes in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the Finance team at Arvinas. Provide clear direction for Finance management on IT processes and systems.
- Act as vendor manager for Finance systems, software, and support.
Projects and Systems:
- Manage Request for Proposal Process (RFP) including documenting requirements, identifying and engaging vendors, product selection processes, oversee contracting and negotiations, and manage product vendors.
- Ensure system lifecycle management practices are followed and anticipate and plan the upgrade and obsolescence pathways.
- Develop Tier 1-3 support plan for Finance systems and software with consideration for integration with broader Arvinas IT support methodology.
- Partner with the individual Finance teams to continually assess 3rd-party support services and migrate to the IT Finance Systems team when necessary.
- Ensure oversight of existing systems landscape and provide architectural guidance for upstream and downstream data flow across systems.
- Design solutions using custom or existing systems to meet the needs of the Finance teams.
- Prepare detailed systems roadmaps that define integration points and data strategy.
- Identify new technologies and solutions for process improvement.
- Assemble and guide technical project teams, serve as project lead on Finance technical projects, and drive the implementation of agreed IT/Finance initiatives.
- Ensure cohesive implementation and data integrity across Finance system platforms and databases.
- Provide hands-on assistance with implementing and maintaining Finance systems.
- In partnership with IT Infrastructure and Security, developing and coordinating security and patching/maintenance approaches for Finance infrastructure, ensuring operations windows do not interrupt Finance team activities.
- Oversee the IT change control process (change control documentation, draft and execution of test plan, implementation of change in production) for Finance systems.
- Drive annual IT-related business initiative road mapping.
- Coordinate global discussions and alignments on Finance technology strategy, platforms, enhancements where applicable.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of related initiatives.
- Partner with business process owners and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business processes.
- Develop budgets, plans, and project manage implementations of appropriate solutions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget and meet business need.
- Work with external parties’ personnel (e.g., contract Sales force administration and operations teams) to analyze, define, and document data and information flows contributing to financial reporting.
- Work in concert with the user community to actively manage change and optimize solutions through their lifecycle.
- Support systems validation/testing to SOX compliance.
- Enhance solutions to insure optimum utilization of resources and SOX compliance.
- Provide guidance and advisory services in the areas of industry best practices as well as systems and solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify, define, and lead implementation of proactive, cross-organizational process improvement and change initiatives to establish and sustain an effective and efficient operational environment across SOX areas.
- Maintain functional requirements for all Finance systems.
- Integrate information from business and technology process, security, and compliance audits and investigations into risk management strategy.
- In partnership with IT Governance, ensure risk management priorities are reflected in strategic plans and initiatives.
- Advise and collaborate with stakeholders on identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks and control weaknesses.
- Maintain inventory of mandated Finance system reporting and monitoring.
- Oversee internal and external reviews, audits, inspections, and investigations related to Finance systems.
- Maintain and annually review policies, procedures, and standards related to Finance systems.
- Oversee Finance systems training plans, including establishment of training curriculum, assignment, records management, and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Provide consultation/expertise on complex projects and other IT activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience is required.
- Previous experience implementing and supporting GL/ERP cloud platforms.
- Must have project management experience (PMI certification is not required).
- Experience with analytics, data visualization tools/languages, master data management, aggregate spend, and data warehousing preferred.
- Some SQL knowledge preferred.
- A consulting background is a plus.
- Previous experience in rapidly growing organizations is preferred.
- Experience with Coupa, Microsoft Great Plains, and NetSuite preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid project and time management skills.
- Business Analysis Techniques: requirements elicitation, facilitation, use cases and activity diagrams.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business processes, technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with a wide range of team members: technical, business subject matter experts and stakeholders, especially under stress and with changing priorities.
- Experience in managing external vendors (e.g., SaaS, technical staff augmentation, etc.) through selection, contract negotiation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance/support.
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely, and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, and confident.
- Has the desire to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships to strengthen decision-making.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and experience with SOX regulations and SOX Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) required.
- Knowledge of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field, or finance preferred.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer