Open Positions: Director, Infrastructure & Operations
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
Arvinas is seeking a Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations to manage and scale our core infrastructure. The Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations plans, designs, and directs all aspects of the organization’s technical infrastructure and the IT Department’s operational activities. This role works closely with the Vice President, Information Technology and the organization’s management to provide direction, implementation, and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. This position is responsible for the data center and cloud services, hardware and operation, LAN/WAN networking, plus systems and data security both within our infrastructure and out to our partners. Collaborating with the Vice President, Information Technology, the Director develops and manages IT service portfolios for each business unit/department and the service level agreements for the user community within the organization.
- Lead significant projects,
- Deliver high-quality core infrastructure, and
- Work with the IT team to develop network, server infrastructure and operations systems for the next 3-5 years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages simultaneous projects with an emphasis towards defect free, on-time, and on-budget completion.
- Develops and implements departmental operating methodologies that ensure smooth, professional, and responsive IT operations.
- Manages telecom, networking, security, database administration, system administration, and technical support.
- Oversees the Help Desk and Desktop Support functions, including management of team members and/or coordination of third party services.
- Performs administration, installation, and troubleshooting tasks within infrastructure where contracted support services are not otherwise in place.
- Contributes to and assists with the implementation of the departmental technology roadmap; plans changes to staffing and infrastructure as required.
- Oversees the ongoing compliance to various guidelines, governing bodies, regulations, and laws regarding securing and protecting data (e.g., IT component of annual financial audit, GxP, etc.).
- Focuses on lean, cost effective IT operations and efficient, effective strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by monitoring service/performance levels, fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Leads the formulation and deployment of long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Defines and establishes IT Department operational and strategic planning, goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Assesses and facilitates the communication of risks associated with IT architectures, procedures, staffing, and investments.
- Directs the development, ongoing maintenance, and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Facilitates the review of hardware and software acquisition, maintenance contracts, and pursues master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry; advises, counsels, and educates executives.
- Assesses and proposes the emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the corporation that will significantly impact the enterprise.
- Provides consultation/expertise on complex projects and other IT activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in computer systems and technologies, project management principles, applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT, business management/theory/processes, budgeting. Proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), excellent interpersonal skills, superior analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems, strong negotiation skills, strong presentation skills, keen attention to detail, exceptionally self-motivated and directed with a service orientation.
- Four year college degree (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience).
- Minimum of ten years of related experience.
- Experience with VMWare required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Azure/Azure AD required.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory required.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.