Open Positions: Director, Corporate Strategy
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
The Director, Corporate Strategy is a highly visible, influential, and interactive position that serves as an expert resource and consultant to executive management in the assessment of a variety of strategic initiatives. This position helps define and shape corporate strategy, understand industry trends, evaluate market opportunities, and support leadership in aligning resources to execute and deliver on those strategies. Initiatives will include long range planning, corporate strategy development, ad hoc initiatives to support Executive Leadership, and support of portfolio planning. This is a high-profile position which provides the opportunity to work with senior leadership across the organization.
This position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Development and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or may be performed remotely from a location within the U.S.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of the long-range corporate strategy at Arvinas. This will require extensive collaboration with executive leadership.
- Expertly evaluate individual market opportunities by assessing clinical need, reimbursement outlook, estimating market size, and understanding product capabilities.
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative market research, literature reviews, internal coordination, and research to aid the prioritization of corporate strategies (e.g., capital allocation, investment priorities, business development, product expansions, M&A).
- Identify, research, and report on industry trends, competition, and shifting regulatory/reimbursement landscapes to inform corporate and pipeline strategies.
- Proactively identify potential weaknesses or competitive disadvantages for Arvinas and recommend strategies to mitigate.
- Understand and provide context for decisions and projects, helping executive leadership in resource prioritization.
- Work cross-functionally to align corporate resources with long term corporate strategy to better drive strategy execution.
- Work in collaboration with other business leaders to drive decisions based on data, facts, and analytical findings across the organization.
- Advise business leaders by providing data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Help clear barriers to decisions and resolve conflicting points of view.
- Serve as an internal strategy consultant by assisting executive leadership with assessment of their own department level strategies.
- Expertly project manage strategy efforts, planning ahead to reach complex goals.
- Communicate goals clearly to team/project members to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Understand motivations and key decision drivers across functions.
- Motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources in a matrixed organization with competing priorities, with or without direct authority or reporting relationships.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with all levels of the organization, including corporate strategy team members, project team members, functional managers, key opinion leaders, stakeholders, and partners.
- Develop high-quality presentations that effectively communicate corporate strategy.
- Manage and create presentations for the Board of Directors and external audiences, including data disclosures and conference presentations.
- Interpret and communicate the implications of data and information.
- Perform complex analyses and present data and recommendations to a variety of audiences throughout an organization.
- Utilize exceptional interpersonal, teamwork and verbal and written communication skills; convey important messages and drive focus through variety of communication methods.
- Manage and prioritize strategies, initiatives, and workload proactively in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with limited oversight and direction.
- Work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to develop strategic frameworks to facilitate decision-making around complex opportunities
- Outstanding ability to create trust-based relationships with colleagues across all Arvinas functions
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including 2-4 years in a strategic consulting role, either for a strategy consulting firm or in-house for a pharmaceutical or other healthcare company
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical business, including drug development and commercialization
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills (product forecasts, P&L, NPV models, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, including presentations to senior executives and the Board of Directors
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration, or related field
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.