Open Positions: Director, Business Development & Alliance Management
Arvinas is a clinical-stage bio-pharmaceutical company pioneering the development of small molecules known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders, which degrade disease-causing proteins by harnessing a natural cellular mechanism. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Business development has been and will continue to be a core part of our corporate strategy: leveraging partnerships to expand the impact of PROTAC® protein degraders, expanding into new therapeutic areas, and aggressively progressing our pipeline to reach and benefit patients. We are seeking a Director of Business Development & Alliance Management who has a high degree of creativity and independence and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Director of Business Development & Alliance Management will assume a highly visible role within Arvinas to identify, evaluate and negotiate value-creating new business opportunities and strategic partnerships in support of our corporate vision and business imperatives and ensure excellent relationships for existing and future partnerships. This leader will also work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to evolve our business development strategies and objectives.
This position reports to the VP, Business Development & Counsel and will be [located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.]
Remote role a possibility.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with executive team, R&D leaders, and other leaders to define areas of interest and develop and execute a partnering strategy that will include both in- and out-licensing opportunities
- Drive continued evolution of BD strategic plan, in alignment with Arvinas’ corporate strategy, by re-evaluating areas of priority based on portfolio need and optimization
- Work with Corporate Strategy colleagues to generate market and landscape analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Develop and recommend proposed deal structures and financial terms
- Drive decision-making and deal processes, and making presentations and recommendations to senior management as needed and appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with existing and potential partners
- Lead search and evaluation efforts to proactively identify and solicit new strategic research partnerships or in-licensing/acquisition opportunities with biotech and pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions or non-profit research organizations
- Lead in-house cross-functional technical evaluation and due diligence efforts through deal closure
- Lead structuring, negotiation and execution of deals and transactions
- Oversee the governance of strategic partnerships including managing governance committees, identifying key issues and solution-driving
- Monitor implementation of and adherence to agreed upon research, development and commercialization plans; take appropriate action to ensure execution
- Address hot topic issues as they arise that require immediate attention while working to maximize efficiency and positive relationships
- Compliance/contract management – liaise with legal, finance, R&D and other functions to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are handled appropriately and provide information/updates as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, with ability to flex between scientific / technical detail and big-picture strategy
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead multiple BD projects and diligence teams efficiently and independently
- A track record of success in sourcing/driving significant business development opportunities to completion including both in- and out-licensing experience
- Ability to benchmark potential transactions to analogous, prior deals
- Strong understanding of drug discovery, development and commercialization process and essential activities across all key functional areas
- Broad business development network and a progressive knowledge of innovative alliance structures, industry trends and emerging innovations
- Must have great enthusiasm for collaborating closely with R&D members in a high-science environment and contribute to seamless integration of BD, R&D and all key functions
- Creative, highly motivated, and results-driven team player with a “nothing is impossible” attitude
- Good business instincts and robust understanding of financial accounting and valuation
- Ability to draft and negotiate transaction term sheets utilizing creative deal structures and processes that result in business success and maximum value
- Partner closely with internal and external legal teams to negotiate and implement appropriate legal agreements to support research, development and commercial goals
- A., B.S., or M.S required; scientific field of study or graduate degree (MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience with the biotech / pharmaceutical industry; business development, corporate or commercial strategy, consulting or related roles will be considered
Please send Cover Letter and CV to Careers@Arvinas.com
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.