Open Positions: Development Team Leader
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
As the development portfolio at Arvinas grows and diversifies, we are excited to add an experienced Program Team Leader to our organization! This key role will lead cross-functional, matrixed teams accountable for building integrated development plans to bring pre-clinical drug candidates through Phase 1-3 clinical studies. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of effective clinical development strategies in oncology and a good understanding of clinical product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
This position reports to the VP, R&D Development Operations and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and matrix management for Development Program Teams
- Developing program strategy and modifying program strategy in response to changing business needs;
- Modeling scenario plans and building presentations to support recommendations to senior leadership;
- Oversight and coordination of all activities associated with achieving Development Team goals;
- Building high-level operations plans for program strategy, including alternative and back-up scenarios;
- Identification of all critical path activities, inter-linkages between activities as well as critical decision points;
- Leadership, in collaboration with the program manager, of the development of program timeline for annual operating plan;
- Collaboration with finance stakeholders to support tracking of actuals to budget, communicate deviations and identify variations;
- Provide input into performance assessment of program team members in matrix environment;
- Mentorship of Development Program team members;
- Communication and engagement with key stakeholders to ensure transparency and alignment on project plans
- Contributing to corporate strategic planning and working with the Leadership Team to define an overall strategy for Program leadership. Planning solutions related to balancing resources.
- Creation of overall development strategy and integrated development plan and coordination of budget for Development Programs
- Monitoring external scientific information and competitor activity related to Development Program(s) and modifying program strategy as appropriate; key link to external Key Opinion Leaders in area(s) of focus, and represent Arvinas at external scientific meetings as necessary
- Tracking progress against goals and composing monthly reports outlining key strategic events for program(s), progress against milestones, strategic imperatives, and financials
- 12+ years’ industry experience, with deep experience managing Clinical Development projects in pharmaceutical or Biotech Company
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary development teams in the execution of operational plans; ideally across multiple functional areas and various development phases
- Experience of drug development in oncology strongly preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively within a cross-functional, partially virtual team setting is critical, as are strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team in a matrix organizational structure
- High analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific research and literature are essential
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for product approval and compliance in US, Europe, and Pac Rim experienced in global drug development
- Awareness of changing trends in pharmaceutical drug development, and experience in applying new approaches
- Extensive team leadership in a matrix and virtual environment
- Experience with drugs at all stages of Clinical Development and presenting data to regulatory agencies/Advisory Committees
- Experience as an effective mentor. Line management experience highly preferred
- Strong publication record and experience with external Scientific Advisory Boards preferred
- D., or significant and relevant BS/MS experience in small and large pharma
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.