Open Positions: Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist, Biology (Immuno-Oncology)
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting position in the Immuno-Oncology group at Arvinas. This position is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist/ Research Investigator, Biology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Utilize compounds and molecular target manipulation (e.g. RNAi) to dissect target function and dependency
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry is highly desired
- Experience in working with human immune cells is a plus but not required.
- Design, QC, validate, and execute medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as ELISA, quantitative Western, cell viability/death
- Perform molecular techniques including cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, cell line engineering
- Interact and collaborate with biology and chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- General knowledge of cancer biology and/or immunology
- In vitro and or ex vivo tissue culture techniques
- Familiarity with mouse models of tumor development and/or inflammatory diseases is highly desired but not required.
- Various bioassays (eg. Western blots, ELISA, multiplex protein analysis)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to work on several projects simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to plan experiments independently a plus.
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- BS/MS in Biology or relevant discipline, or equivalent education and experience with >3 years Pharma/Biotech experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.