Open Positions: Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Science
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Oncology Translational Science team. As Arvinas’ portfolio of preclinical and clinical programs continues to expand, the candidate for this position will have a tremendous opportunity to help us drive our translational strategy for current and upcoming clinical stage oncology PROTAC drug candidates. We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative candidate who is passionate about advancing novel cancer therapies for a laboratory-based position. This individual will have strong experimental skills which will be used to design and execute experiments using a variety of molecular and cellular biology techniques to support studies aimed at selecting disease indications for clinical development, identifying pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers to utilize in clinical studies, developing drug combination strategies and characterizing mechanisms of drug resistance.
This position reports to Executive Director, Oncology Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation
- Interact and collaborate with biology, chemistry, translational and clinical team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up to date on relevant scientific literature
- Proficient in molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, immunoblotting, and cell-based and biochemical assays such as cell proliferation, ELISA, MSD, and flow cytometry, and RNA expression profiling to characterize effects of drug treatment on cells lines in vitro and in tumor samples
- Understanding of oncology and/or immunology is desirable
- Previous industry experience and understanding of drug development is a plus
- Innovative and creative individual with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, to prioritize in experimental design and data analysis, and to take ownership of multiple projects
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- BS/MS in biological sciences with minimum a minimum of 3 years of related experience; previous industry experience is a plus
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.