Open Positions: Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Science
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
We are seeking a candidate to join our Translational Science team focusing on our oncology assets. In this laboratory-based position, this individual will design and execute experiments using using a variety of molecular discovery, lead identification and characterization and translational research efforts for current and upcoming clinical development candidates.
This position reports to Executive Director, Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and cell sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation, such as ELISA, Western blot, and cell viability/death
- Interact and collaborate with biology, chemistry, translational and clinical team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interret experimental data; manage laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- Proficient in molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, and in vitro cell-based and biochemical assays such as cell proliferation, ELISA, immunoblotting and RNA expression profiling
- Understanding of oncology drug discovery is a plus
- Ability to effectively partner with cross-functional team members to deliver quality data and contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Innovative and creative individual with the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize in experimental design and data analysis
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols,etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment
- BS/MS in biological sciences with minimum a minimum of 3 years of related experience; previous industry experience is a plus
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.