Open Positions: Associate Scientist, Platform Biology
This key position in our functional area support team (FAST) within the platform biology group will support the lead evaluation and discovery for our drug discovery programs. The candidate will be expected to work with key stakeholders and under direction of senior members of the group to run assays for cell-based activity and biophysical properties of our small molecule protein degraders. Experience with automated screening platforms and strong analytical skills are a plus. This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Expected to run compound profiling assays using cell based and biochemical to support efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification and optimization.
- Run cell-based assays using luminescence (Nanoluc) and high-content imaging measures to profile the activities of targeted protein degraders
- Experience with running automated liquid handling and screening platforms with the goal of optimizing screening throughput and quality is a plus.
- Working with senior group members and project teams, optimize of assays and analyze data for storage in corporate database and presentation at project meetings.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners, focused on trust, collaboration, and timely/ high-quality delivery on shared objectives.
- Proficiency in aseptic tissue culture techniques and mammalian cell tissue culture is required.
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to run cell based and/or biochemical screens in an industry or academic core facility environment.
- Experienced with multiple assay types, such as luminescence, ELISA, TR-FRET, etc.
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrable skill as key team member, building productive relationships with internal stakeholders, ability to understand complex scientific concepts.
- BS with 4+ years’ experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 1+ years’ experience (or equivalent) in biomedical research, cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology or enzymology. Focus on cell based and biochemical screening a plus. Experience of data analysis for high-throughput screening highly desirable.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.