Open Positions: Associate Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-Oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position in the Immuno-Oncology Group (IO-IMM) at Arvinas is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of early drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Immunology & Immuno-Oncology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execution, and data analysis of experiments
- Utilize appropriate methodologies (tool compounds, genetic knockdown, etc.) to characterize target of interest function, pathway modulation, and cell sensitivity
- Interact and collaborate with IO-IMM and Chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Manage laboratory notebook, databases, and spreadsheets to effectively record and communicate results
- In vitro and or ex vivo tissue culture techniques (experience handling both cancer and primary human and mouse cells)
- Knowledge of primary cell separation techniques (such as density gradient or magnetic bead separation) a plus
- Various cellular functional assays (such as cellular proliferation assays/cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays/siRNA/shRNA/CRISPR knockdown assays)
- Development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence and luminescence)
- Various bioassays (eg. Western blots, ELISA, In Cell Western) utilizing MSD, or Luminex instrumentation
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry and data analysis using flowjo a plus
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and be able to multitask. Demonstrated ability to plan experiments independently a plus.
- Innovative, independent, motivated and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who also works effectively in a team setting
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently while under general supervision by the project leader
- BS with 4+ years' industry or academic research experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 1+ year (or equivalent) in biomedical or pharmaceutical research.
- Focus on immunology or immuno-oncology lab experience highly desired.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer