Open Positions: Associate Director, IT Capabilities - Clinical
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is seeking an Associate Director, IT Capabilities, Clinical and Early Clinical, to define, implement, and manage IT capabilities supporting our rapidly growing Clinical and Early Clinical organizations. The IT Capability Associate Director will partner closely with the Clinical organization to help specify, design, implement, and support solutions that enable them to deliver on the company’s clinical objectives.
The R&D and Clinical Systems group is a strategic business partner for the Clinical organization, defining requirements, developing long-term technology roadmaps, and delivering leading-edge technology solutions.
This position reports to the Senior Director, IT R&D and Clinical Systems and can be remote, hybrid or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the business objectives of our Clinical and Early Clinical organizations, including how IT can enable the organizations to meet those objectives.
- Partner with business leadership on developing and maintaining strategic plans and technology roadmaps.
- Translate business needs into requirements. Define, scope, and budget technology projects to address those business needs.
- Lead vendor selection and contract negotiations.
- Provide full lifecycle ownership of applications and IT capabilities.
- Manage internal staff, contractors, service providers, and vendors to deliver on projects and production support.
- Develop solutions and staffing plans to deliver on IT objectives.
- Develop and maintain an IT operating budget.
- Implement and maintain collaboration solutions with CRO’s and other external partners.
- Provide operational support as required for production systems, including end-user support, account management, configuration management, and change management.
- In partnership with IT Infrastructure and Operations, ensure that systems and processes are compliant with company security practices.
- Partner with internal groups to ensure systems are compliant with all applicable regulations and SOPs.
- Prepare system lifecycle documentation, end-user training and documentation, FAQ’s, and other documentation as required.
- 10-15 years of related IT and/or other Pharmaceutical functional experience is required
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry implementing and supporting IT systems. Prior experience with IT systems supporting clinical trials e.g., Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF), Electronic Data Capture (EDC), Data query and cleaning tools, preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the drug development lifecycle and clinical trial operations required.
- Prior direct experience in the conduct of clinical trials strongly preferred.
- Overall broad knowledge of key IT concepts – SDLC, SaaS, infrastructure, operations, cloud, security.
- Experienced in managing IT capabilities/applications from concept to delivery through lifecycle management.
- Skilled in vendor selection and vendor management, including developing statements of work.
- Experience in developing and maintaining operating budgets.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Ability to balance strategic and operational work and appropriately manage multiple priorities.
- Experienced in application and systems support with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of GxP and other regulations governing pharmaceutical development and experience working with regulated systems.
- Prior staff and vendor management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of provisioning and supporting SharePoint sites is preferred.
- Bachelors or other degree relevant to IT or life science discipline is required.
- Advanced degree a plus.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer