Open Positions: Associate Director, Immunology and Immuno-oncology
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are seeking a candidate who is a passionate immunologist with expertise in advancing novel modulators of immune pathways to treat autoimmune diseases and solid tumors where unmet needs exist. This candidate will be a crucial position in the group to help drive the discovery strategy for our expanding preclinical portfolio. This highly motivated and seasoned scientist will use their basic immunology and drug discovery expertise to interface with the project teams and external partners to deliver all stages of drug discovery from novel target identification to clinical candidate molecules.
This position reports to the Vice President, Oncology and Immuno-oncology Research; the position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for autoimmune disease pathways and core immunology expertise across autoimmunity and immuno-oncology.
- Lead and collaborate cross-functional teams to implement and conduct drug discovery projects
- Contribute to the overall immunology discovery strategy
- Communicate project deliverables to the leaders across the immunology and immune-oncology therapeutic area and other senior governance groups when necessary
- Interact and liaise with internal experts, external experts, academic groups, and CROs to establish in vitro and in vivo research deliverables.
- Participate in/contribute to internal and external scientific presentations, including scientific meetings.
- A card carrying immunologist with Ph.D in immunology.
- At least 5 years of industry based drug discovery experience, including a solid understanding of the drug development process and particularly in vitro and in vivo pharmacology as it relates to immune pathways.
- Broad knowledge of technical platforms that include CRISPR, Cellular immunology assays such as T cell, Treg, macrophage, NK cell function, immunoassay such as MSD, Luminex, PCR, digital flow cytometry (such as Diva platform)
- Demonstrated success leading discovery projects, working on cross-disciplinary development teams, and integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups/functions
- Recognition as an emerging leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishment, including publications in top tier journals, is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ph.D. in Immunology or relevant biological science such as cell or molecular biology, with a minimum of 8+ years related experience which includes 2-4 years of academic or industry post-doctoral experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer