Open Positions: Associate Director, Ethics and Compliance
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Associate Director, Ethics and Compliance, will assist with the ongoing development and implementation of Arvinas’ compliance program. The Ethics and Compliance Associate Director will support various compliance activities throughout the organization and will have the opportunity to strategically contribute to the direction of Arvinas’ compliance function. The Ethics and Compliance Associate Director will serve as a trusted advisor on compliance matters and will provide business partners, including the medical affairs and commercial functions, with training, education, guidance and compliance oversight.
This position reports to the Associate General Counsel, Legal and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
In your role as the Associate Director of Ethics and Compliance you will be for furthering Arvinas’ compliance objectives, which include, but are not limited to:
- HCP engagement activities (e.g., FMV processes, advisory boards, and consulting arrangements)
- CME/Grant processes
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption due diligence processes
- External Funding processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, forms and other tools for Arvinas’ medical and commercial functions
- Provide training, guidance and support to the medical affairs organization
- Support R&D functions in conflicts of interest assessments, data integrity and training needs.
- Support other compliance operations (such as monitoring, training or policy/procedure development as needed)
- Provide general support for department and enterprise-wide initiatives as needed
- Proactively address risk areas and ensure that potential violations of law and/or policy are addressed and appropriate remedies (corrective and preventive measures) are put in place
- 6+ years of experience in legal and/or compliance within the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of key laws, regulations and codes impacting the pharmaceutical industry, including the PhRMA Code; Federal Food and Drug, Cosmetic Act; Anti-Kickback Statute; False Claim Act; OIG/DOJ Guidance; Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and federal and state transparency and disclosure laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Veeva and other CRM system preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, J.D., or in-house compliance experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer