Open Positions: Associate Director, Early Commercial Development
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Associate Director, Early Commercial Development Strategy role will be responsible for providing strategic commercial and competitive intelligence insights for preclinical and clinical programs, and new target assessment to support Arvinas’ portfolio. This includes developing a strong viewpoint on evolving treatment landscape and unmet needs, and competitive landscape for Arvinas’ preclinical and clinical programs. Furthermore, this role will work closely with early Research, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs and Regulatory functions to answer strategic questions to advance Arvinas’ portfolio. This role offers an opportunity to help shape the strategy to deliver a new transformative drug modality to patients with high unmet needs.
This position reports to the Director, Corporate and Commercial Development, and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT, with hybrid work arrangements possible.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct commercial assessments of potential therapeutic targets and preclinical programs
- Develop and communicate strong understanding of treatment protocols, unmet needs, potential patient segments, and competitive pipeline to identify optimal target product profiles
- Crystalize commercial and strategic insights by synthesizing product, brand, customer, and competitive information into the development of clinical and commercialization strategy
- Develop target product profiles for early-stage R&D programs, based on thorough understanding of market dynamics and potential future trends
- Map and assess competitive dynamics in key indications and/or therapeutic areas
- Undertake research on complex questions, gather and analyze data and turn these data into a succinct response and/or recommendation that can be used directly by the leadership
- Translate key insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues and external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for Arvinas’ portfolio
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues (e.g., R&D, Regulatory, Clinical, Medical, etc.) to ensure understanding of and consideration for commercial requirements in strategic choices and decision making related to pipeline assets
- Develop and own competitive intelligence views for pipeline programs and become the key source of information on the competition and the future marketplace dynamics
- Develop/update content on competitor products, launch timings, and product profiles
- Lead core competitive intelligence initiatives, including congress coverage, workshops, monitoring/news
- Partnering with third party agencies to support competitive intelligence projects
- Follow pre-defined standards to ensure legal and ethical approaches to competitive intelligence and commercial assessment, protecting Arvinas’ business interests and confidentiality
- 7+ years of biopharmaceutical experience required
- 4+ years in experience in commercial development (or new product planning) or market research or competitive intelligence or strategy consulting is required
- Prior oncology experience required
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, analyze and communicate complex information succinctly
- Understanding of competitive landscape of biopharmaceutical industry and investor analytics
- Knowledge of clinical development, regulatory issues, and market dynamics in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Comfort with searching and reviewing scientific and clinical literature
- Experience using information databases and intelligence gathering resources
- Independent, persistent problem solving and the ability to work successfully with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to combine attention to detail with big picture perspective
- Project oriented with highly developed planning and prioritization skills and with the ability to work independently to manage workload and hit deliverables.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
- Bachelor's Degree required with preference for scientific background
- Advanced degree preferred
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer