Open Positions: Senior Assoc. Scientist/Research Scientist - DEL Chemistry
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from debilitating and life-threatening diseases through the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapies that degrade disease-causing proteins. Arvinas uses its proprietary PROTAC® Discovery Engine platform to engineer proteolysis targeting chimeras, or PROTAC® targeted protein degraders, that are designed to harness the body’s own natural protein disposal system to selectively and efficiently degrade and remove disease-causing proteins. In addition to its robust preclinical pipeline of PROTAC® protein degraders against validated and “undruggable” targets, the company has two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 for the treatment of men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer; and ARV-471 for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic ER+/HER2- breast cancer. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
An opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team environment to design, synthesize, and screen DNA Encoded Libraries that incorporate our deep knowledge around key PROTAC® elements. Developing unique chemistries, testing, and validating reagents, carrying out DNA ligation steps, and completing the full Encoded Libraries are central to the position. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can bring a constellation of skills to bear on expanding our uniquely tailored collection of DELs. This individual will also be responsible for reaction analysis, library QC, data recording and reporting throughout the process. This creative scientist will be an essential part of helping us streamline our library production workflow and grow our capabilities. Level will be determined by relevant experience.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesis, purification, and characterization of proprietary DNA Encoded Libraries
- Application of synthetic chemistry knowledge to evaluate reactions and reagents for on-DNA, aqueous synthesis
- Apply plate-based parallel synthesis strategies in a split-and-pool manner
- Apply automated synthesis skills using Tecan liquid handler to make DELs.
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at chemistry and program meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments in electronic lab
- Contribute to conceptions, presentations, publications, and patents
- Maintain a knowledge of literature related to areas of research
- Strong knowledge of traditional and contemporary synthetic chemistry and/or bioconjugate chemistry
- Direct experience with DNA encoded library techniques is a strong plus
- Parallel synthesis/combinatorial chemistry experience is a plus
- Hands on experience with automation and liquid handler (TECAN) techniques is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability and desire to collaborate across functional teams
- Maintains orderly and timely record of experiments and results, including SOPs and protocols
- Maintains accountability for ensuring own goals and those of the team are achieved
- Contributes to professional/technical reports and writes scientific articles, publications and patents as required
- Maintains safe working environment for self and others
- Ability to summarize and transparently present work status in group settings
- A successful candidate will bring an enabling attitude, be a problem solver and have a desire to work in a collaborative manner with peers and pan-disciplinary colleagues in a project setting
- PhD. or BS/MS synthetic chemist with >5 years of pharma/biotech-based experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.