Open Positions: Accounts Payable Associate
Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTAC® (PROteolysis Targeting Chimera) protein degraders ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. Our proprietary PROTAC®-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets. For more information, visit www.arvinas.com.
Rapid growth has fueled the need for an experienced Accounts Payable Associate to join our accounting and finance team. The Accounts Payable Associate will be a key player in the the expenditure process, as well as the monthly close process and general accounting functions.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Full-cycle AP process including matching and processing of invoices, reconciling vendor statements, check runs and filing as needed
- Reconcile discrepancies, follow up on credit memos and sales tax issues
- Maintain assigned vendor accounts while complying with company policies and procedures
- Work with internal customers to resolve questions and issues
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Assist with the overflow of service purchase orders
- Assist in the testing of internal controls (SOX)
- Perform such other accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required
- Strong understanding of General Ledger system and accounts payable processing
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
- SOX experience a plus
- Pharma/biotech experience a plus
- Great Plains Dynamics experience a plus
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience with accounts payable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and efficiently organize
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision, and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.